Published on: 13-02-2017
Following last year?s announcement that blended learning would be permitted when delivering first-aid courses, Geolin First Aid Training Services is pleased to say that we have launched a new range of blended e-learning options for first aid training!
Blended learning combines the best of digital and online learning with more traditional methods such as classroom and self-directed learning.
Geolin First Aid Training Services is now offering a range of options that will support blended learning and help save company?s time and money. These include:
- First aid e-learning ? interactive learning with end-of-module testing. Learners can access full first aid e-learning courses online, with classroom training.
- With blended learning each learner will receive an e-book as part of the course and a copy of either First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work when you register for an e-learning learning first aid course.
- Training presentations ? available online to support classroom delivery, and covering areas such as emergency first aid, first aid at work, paediatric first aid, basic life support and automated external defibrillation
- e-certification ?learners? certificates in a digital format rather than hard copy. This will be available once the learner has completed the online section successfully.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) announced in June that blended learning would be permitted in the delivery of first-aid courses, as long as certain conditions were met:
- No reduction in the overall time taken for learners to complete first-aid courses
- A minimum of two thirds training time should be face-to-face
- Practical content of learning outcomes should be delivered and assessed face-to-face
In addition, where learners are required to complete work that forms part of their assessment using distance learning, the following requirements apply:
- They should be assessed by a suitably qualified first-aid assessor on completion of the distance learning
- The first-aid assessor must be satisfied that all assessment criteria for the content delivered by distance learning have been met and auditable evidence should be generated for this purpose
- The identity of the learner must be confirmed
- The assessment should be quality assured
Geolin First Aid Training Services are able to carry out all of these assessments as well as offering high quality training with a superior service that is cost effective and delivered in a relaxed and friendly manner.